Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mike Mayock on Pat White

"Pat White is not a gimmick,'' Mayock said. "He's the type of kid who you want the ball in his hands. I don't care if he's running it, throwing it, or catching it. I want the ball in his hands. Some teams like him as a quarterback. I'd take him in the second round with no hesitation, use him as a Wildcat this season, and try to develop him as a full-time quarterback, because I think he's got that kind of ability.

Quote from SI.com.

This is interesting as Pat White is a solid third round choice to most mock drafters, and I can't even pretend to know what true scouts think of him. I do agree with Mayock that he is a play-maker. He would be around for years and be a great influence in the locker-room. He's a coach's boy. By that I mean that when you say play wr, he says,"Yes sir". When you say play QB, he says,"Yes sir". Pat White is a great guy that I would love to see playing for the Jaguars this fall, although I do wonder how well his WR possibilities are.
I think Pat White's value is increased for the Jaguars because they need youth at QB, this is where he serves extra value. Remember, it's all about value for the Jags. Does his ability to play multiple positions move him up their board? We may never know. Good luck to Pat Whit, I hope his highlights make the top next season.

-Brandon Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment